Final Fantasy XI
New Installation Patch Guide
Individual Patch Guide
Common Error Codes
Final Fantasy XIV
This guide will provide you with instructions on how to get a controller to work with FFXIV.
If you have a problem, feel free to send me an e-mail (email@example.com).
Since I don't have a PS3 controller, I will just link
you to the download pages and instructions. I tried it with the PS2 controller, but it wouldn't work. I have full confidence that it would've worked if I had a PS3 controller.
(x86 download | x64 download | instructions)
(All other controllers should work with this method as well)
Note: The only downside to this program is that you have to keep it open every time you play FFXIV. However, it's not that much of an inconvenience.
1. Download the following file:
2. Extract it to your FFXIV directory. (C:\Program Files (x86)\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XIV)
3. Run x360ce.exe. The first time you run it, it will tell you it can't find two or three files. Allow it to create the files.
4. If you get the error "mscvr.dll could not be found", download the 2010 C++ redistributable from Microsoft. Note that even on 64-bit Windows 7, I still had to use the x86 for it to work. (x86 download |
5. Run x360ce.exe again, and it will come up with the
configuration. Below is the configuration that has
worked for me. I am using a PS2 controller with the
Super Joy Box 5 Pro adapter. I've used this same
controller and adapter for FFXI for years. You must
leave this window up while configuring the ffxiv config
and while playing ffxiv.
6. Now you can open the FFXIV Config, and set your controls there. Below is what my configuration looks like. Yours doesn't have to be the same. It all depends on what you're comfortable with.
Disclaimer: I don't own any of this. Downloading a copy of a game you do not own is illegal. Any game downloads are intended for backup purposes. SE is so awesome and really doesn't want to send me a C&D letter.